Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tiger Leaping Gorge & The Chinese Tea Party

From Marcus:

Tiger Leaping Gorge, one of the deepest gorges in the world, near the mouth of the Yangtze River:
"The snow on the top of the glorious mountain gave the luster of mid-day to the objects below, when what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a miniature tiger and stuff."

Tea Party, tasting rare Pu'er tea in Kunming, some more than 20 years old!

"The taste of the tea was good, especially before a big meal. One tea tasted like freshly peeled oranges. I was invited to assist the people who were pouring tea and were making the tea. First you had to put tea leaves in a cup, and then you poured water in another cup, and then you poured it in the cup with the tea leaves. Then you strained it into a jar, and poured it into cups. And people were giving me all these gifts, like orange tea and pu'er tea, and a special basket of bamboo to store it in. When I grow up I'm going to become a master tea maker."

Marcus is now engrossed in a program on Chinese television on how to speak English, so I think this is all for now....

No comments: